Accredited Distributors held its 20th anniversary annual trade show at its Dandenong warehouse last week.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Accredited Distributors Trade Show, which was held on July 31 at the company’s Dandenong warehouse, with a cocktail party and awards presentation held afterwards in Melbourne’s inner city.
Accredited Distributors Managing Director Craig Bain says the show gets bigger every year, with the 2015 event attracting a record 1,112 retailers and 120 VIPs – an increase of 350 attendees on last year’s event.
“The trick is – and why we get good support from the manufacturers – we get the retailers here, and the retailers turn up for one reason only, and that is to buy,” he said.
Former AFL player John Barnes was the MC getting retailers in spending mode. The trade show hosted 56 exhibitors showcasing the latest in product innovation and trends.
Highlights of the show included Red Bull showcasing its latest line extension: the ‘Tropical’ flavoured Summer Edition alongside its hard-to-miss DJ truck and popular energy drink range.
The Smith’s Snackfood Company had a strong presence at the show, continuing to raise awareness of its latest campaign and limited-edition Crispy Bacon-flavoured chips, which will be available from the beginning of September, and its Twisties Tangy Tomato.
Also in the snacks category, Snack Brands Australia introduced its Windsor’s range comprising Himalayan Salt, Thai Spices, Parmesan and Sweet Roasted Garlic chips.
Catering to health-conscious consumers, Musashi exhibited flavour extensions of its Low Carb Protein bars (Dark Chocolate Tiramisu and Dark Chocolate Creamy Berry) and High Protein Low Carb bars (Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel and Milk Choc Brownie).
Focusing on more traditional P&C products, Ferrero featured its latest Tic Tac variant, which offers red and green apple-flavoured mints with a sour twist.
Celebratory cocktail party
To celebrate the milestone trade show, Accredited Distributors concluded a successful day by hosting a cocktail party at Luminare in South Melbourne. Highlights of the event included entertainment from singer Kate Buckland, cocktail mixing and tricks by The Lab Bar, a flaming cocktail-juggling display, and fireworks to top it off. While celebrating a milestone achievement, the party also provided Accredited Distributors the opportunity to recognise suppliers and individuals for their contribution to the trade show.
- Best Stand Display, Gold Sponsor: Red Bull.
- Best Stand Display, Silver Sponsor: Universal.
- Outstanding Service to Accredited Distributors Trade Show: Montana.
- 20 Years’ Service: Stuart Alexander, Universal, Fyna Foods, Confectionery Trading Company, Mondeléz.
- 20 Years’ Service – Individual: Terry Smith, Chris Dunell, Grant Sauberg, Warren French.
- Most Outstanding Influence and Support for Accredited Major Supplier 2015: Nestlé/Greg Hanson.
- Most Outstanding Influence and Support for Accredited Silver Supplier 2015: Tixana/Darryl Nulliah.
- Cocktail Sponsor Awards: Red Bull, Bundaberg, Funtastic, Universal, Robin Foods, Bickfords, FAL.