Join brands, buyers, suppliers and NGOs to openly discuss the risks and options around the use of palm oil in products sold in Australia.
The palm oil industry brings much-needed revenue to developing countries, helping the living standards of millions of people. However, palm oil is still heavily linked to deforestation and the exploitation of workers and communities.
Australia’s first industry-led palm oil seminar will be held at Rydges on Swanston in Melbourne on July 21. Speakers confirmed for the event include Wilmar International GM Group Sustainability Simon Siburat, Ecostore founder Malcolm Rands, Nestlé Australia Corporate and External Relations Manager Margaret Stuart and Ferrero Australia Institutional Affairs Director Derek Lath.
The seminar will discuss:
- The difference between certification and deforestation commitment.
- The effectiveness of RSPO certification reviewed 10 years on.
- How Australian businesses can practically engage to support positive change.
- Current growth and impact of the palm industry worldwide.
- NGO palm oil campaign trends and the consumer awareness they bring.
The event is being hosted by TFT, a non-profit organisation that works with brands, retailers and suppliers towards delivering responsible products.
For further event information and to RSVP, contact Michael Percott at