Australian based food business, Beak & Johnston, renowned for its innovative, value-added meal solutions, is launching a technology-based expansion to its City Kitchen facility located in Arndell Park, Sydney.
A “leading” manufacturer of chilled high-quality food products, Beak & Johnston’s portfolio of leading brands include Simmone Logue, Pitango, Beak & Sons, and Strength Meals Co. Since 1986, its fresh food range has expanded to include pastries and pasta to soups, slow-cooked meals, sausages, and burgers.
The City Kitchen expansion has been specifically designed to cater to the increasing customer desire for more fresh, convenient ready-made meals to simply heat and enjoy.
“As Australia’s leading producer in ready-made fresh meals, we take pride in ensuring we stay across the latest innovations and technology with food production. We have a proud history of investing additional capital into the food manufacturing industry to ensure we can offer our customers consistent high-quality food products, produced sustainability and at the lowest cost,” says Beak & Johnston CEO Ray Hanly.
“The extension of our City Kitchen facility delivers the additional capacity to increase our daily quantity of meal production, create new exciting products for Australians to enjoy, as well as the ability to offer more jobs in the area.”
Located directly adjacent to the existing food manufacturing facility, this investment at an estimated $90m encompasses a new greenfield building of 12,500sqm and state-of-the-art food processing technology.
The new City Kitchen expansion will:
- Offer high speed, automated lines that will improve ready meal capabilities and productivity.
- Increase product quality and shelf life with oven baking, chilling, and freezing capabilities.
- Add a fully automated pastry line, with leading-edge baking, cooling, and handling solutions.
- Reduce manual handling and improve productivity with the end of line packing automation.
- Deliver increased pallet storage space for goods in and out.
Beak & Johnston City Kitchen’s new facility is scheduled to open in October 2022.