Caltex Australia and Woolworths have launched the first Caltex Woolworths Metro store in the Sydney suburb of North Ryde.
Owned and operated by Caltex, the new store is said to set a new benchmark of convenience for Australians looking to fill up and meet their convenience shopping needs when on the go.
- An array of sandwiches and hot food such as chicken, pies and pastries.
- Barista-made coffee.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables.
- A range of “essential” products from Woolworths Own Brand range.
- “Easier and fast” payment options, including self-checkouts in-store and Caltex’s FuelPay app on the forecourt.
- Quick service restaurant partners, including Boost Juice.
- Access to earn Woolworths Everyday Rewards points and 4c per litre off redemption offer.
- The store will operate 24 hours a day.
Setting a new standard
Caltex Executive General Manager of Convenience Retail Jo Taylor says her company is excited about redefining the convenience experience for its customers.
Sponsored ContentLook local – manufacturing excellence in your own backyard
Look to support local manufacturers who have the innovation and design capability to accelerate your production rather than paying inflated international prices for your machinery.Read More
“We know Australians lead busy lives and are looking for great quality fresh food for a meal on the go or to make preparing a meal at home a little bit easier,” she said.
“Our new store will set the new standard of service, product quality and range that customers will begin to expect when they shop in the petrol and convenience sector.”
Woolworths General Manager, Wholesale, Ian McDonald says as customers’ needs change and the demand for fresh, food-for-now and food-for-later continues to grow, so too do the expectations for quality and convenience.
“Caltex Woolworths Metro is an exciting next phase of our partnership with Australia’s leading fuel network,” he said.
“We’re delighted to help bring together some of the best elements of both businesses for the benefit of our mutual customers.”
More sites to come
A second Caltex Woolworths Metro will launch in the Sydney suburb of Kingsford later this month.
A third site is expected to follow in Melbourne in early 2020.