The annual Queensland & Northern NSW IGA Awards of Excellence have put the spotlight on leading IGA stores.
At this years’ state-based awards, 10 stores across Queensland and Northern NSW have been recognised after winning the following awards:
- Queensland SUPA IGA Store of the Year, SUPA IGA Dairy-Freezer Department of the Year, SUPA IGA Fresh Produce Department of the Year, SUPA IGA Bakery Department of the Year, SUPA IGA Meat Department of the Year, SUPA IGA Delicatessen Department of the Year: SUPA IGA Mt Cotton
- Rising Star Award: Scott Elliot from SUPA IGA Mt Cotton
- Queensland IGA Store of the Year, Retail Transformation & Innovation Award, IGA Bakery Department of the Year, IGA Delicatessen Department of the Year: White’s IGA Mt Coolum
- IGA Xpress Store of the Year: IGA Xpress Alexandra Hills
- IGA Community Award: IGA Tweed Valley & IGA Murwillumbah
- IGA & SUPA IGA Customer Service and Experience Award: SUPA IGA Tully
- IGA Dairy-Freezer Department of the Year: Ritchies IGA Evans Head
- SUPA IGA Grocery & General Merchandise Department of the Year: Fresh Street Market IGA
- IGA Grocery & General Merchandise Department of the Year: IGA North Rockhampton
- IGA Fresh Produce Department of the Year: IGA Noosa Outlook
- IGA Meat Department of the Year: Cornetts IGA Cooktown
“Once again we’ve been blown away by the outstanding quality of entries this year in Queensland and Northern NSW,” says Queensland & Northern NSW General Manager, Metcash Food, Roy Leisk.
“These stores have not only delivered personalised experiences to the shoppers who come through their doors but they also go above and beyond to bring benefit of their local community and the independent retail grocery industry.”
Queensland and Northern NSW IGA State Board Chairman, Frank Spano also congratulated the winners, “Local grocers are at the heart and soul of communities across the state and nation. They’re constantly working in the background to do everything they can for their local area, including tailoring their product offering to their local catchments, supporting local farmers and suppliers, and being involved in community events.”
Winners of the National IGA Awards of Excellence will be announced 20 July, Monday 2020.