Construction is underway on a new, state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly, multi-purpose head office for McCormick Australia.
Located in Menton, 21km south-east of Melbourne’s CBD, the multi-million dollar complex will serve as McCormick Australia’s innovation and collaboration hub for employees and customers.
The site will house the company’s new Australian head office, which will also incorporate a state-of-the-art Technical Innovation Centre, a Logistics Centre, and new Corporate Offices.
McCormick Asia Pacific President Daniel Moorfield says the Technical Innovation Centre will enable McCormick to collaborate with key local customers “to create tasty new products for Australians to enjoy”.
“Whether it is providing seasonings to snack food manufacturers, sauces and coatings to restaurants, or creating great new products for our long-standing brands such as Aeroplane Jelly and Keen’s Curry, the Technical Innovation Centre will provide inspiration to anyone who enjoys flavour,” he says.
“The new facility allows McCormick to leverage scale and deepen our consumer connection in Australia as part of our ambition to expand our footprint and accelerate growth in the region.”
McCormick Australia Managing Director Paris Golden says the facility has been designed with McCormick’s “Purpose-Led-Performance” principles of environmental sustainability, diversity and community at its core.
“Like all McCormick’s operations globally, we are committed to delivering industry leading financial performance while doing what is right for people, communities, and the planet,” he says.
The new facility boasts the following features that promote environmental sustainability, enhanced workplace safety and increased collaboration:
- The use of solar power generation, thermally efficient glass, solar roof panels and efficient energy systems.
- Designed to achieve a 5-Star Green rating by the Green Building Council of Australia, the facility will deliver less greenhouse gas emissions, use less electricity, less water and less waste to landfill.
- Next generation office spaces with a people-centred design approach to allow employees to be their best at work.
- A new logistics centre will include a mega-canopy that significantly expands the number of trucks the warehouse can accommodate and provides a safe environment regardless of weather conditions.
- A design to meet the FM Global high protection rating, which is higher than the Australian Safety Standards in food safety and quality.
“Manufacturing remains a vital part of Melbourne’s economy and we are very pleased to invest in this world-class facility that will help cement Victoria as a global leader in food manufacturing. We look forward to formally opening the facility in early 2022,” says Mr Golden.