ALDI Australia has made temporary changes to the stores to ensure the health and safety of customers and staff.
‘As we continue to monitor the situation, we have introduced new measures to protect ALDI employees and shoppers’ reads the statement on their website.
- Store trading hours are 9:30am to 7:00pm, unless other state and local trading restrictions apply.
- The stores now have 1.5 metre social distancing floor markers at checkouts and security guards will enforce customer flows, such as limiting the number of shoppers in stores.
- The number of customers in a store at a time will range from 70 to 100 shoppers, depending on size.
- ALDI is currently in the process of installing clear screens at each store register. All store and warehouse employees have access to gloves, masks and hand sanitiser.
- Using contactless payment is encouraged where possible.
The website also reads: ‘We would ask everyone to be considerate and compassionate in the way they shop. This means civil behaviour, courtesy to those less able and respect for the employees of retail outlets.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will modify our operations as necessary.’