With organised retail crime on the rise, retailers now have a way to track theft events and manage in-store radio frequency electronic article surveillance (RF EAS) activity in real time and respond to alerts immediately.
Checkpoint Systems has launched Evolve-Store, a realtime app for smartphones and tablets that allows retailers to respond to theft-related events in-store promptly.
The app was developed in response to retail customer requests for an easy means of ensuring that store associates comply with store shoplifting policies and have RF EAS systems always turned on and operating properly.
The Evolve-Store app enables retailers to:
• Measure and improve consumer conversion rates through real-time visibility of the number of shoppers in stores.
• Measure policy compliance by managing response times to alarm events.
• Visibility of theft-related events affecting the store.
• Deter opportunistic shoplifters and organised retail crime activity, reducing shrink and increasing shelf availability, sales and profits.
• Prevent out-of-stocks related to shoplifting.
Additional features include a staff panic alert to request help from associates; an EAS nightsave feature to save power when the store is closed; the ability to test, mute or disable EAS systems; and multi-user log-ins for each smart device.
“Technology should make life easier for both consumers and retailers,” Checkpoint Systems Vice-President Asia Pacific Mark Gentle said.