Celebrating its 41st Anniversary, The Distributors Group held its 2022 Mid-Year Conference and Trade Show at the tropical Hamilton Island from 7-10 June.
The conference brought together members, suppliers and customers to address the current trends and events in the industry, a full program offering delegates insights into the various businesses and initiatives, as well as an opportunity for national customers to interact with suppliers and The Distributor Group members. The trade expo sample shop showcased the latest products and innovation to hit the market across confectionery, snack, and beverage categories.
Dinner and sunset drinks were held at the Beach Pavillion on opening night on 7 June.
A state v state sailing event sponsored by Stuart Alexander, took place at sunset by the marina and around Hamilton Island to mark the opening of the State of the Origin function and dinner, sponsored by Frucor, at the Outrigger restaurant lawn on 8 June.
A tropical themed Gala Dinner was held at the Beach Pavillion on 9 June, followed by an awards ceremony presented by the board. The winners include:
- Member of the Year (up to $18m) – Central Coast Confectionery
- Member of the Year (over $18m) – The Distributors Brisbane
- Supplier of the Year (up to $10m) – CTC Australia
- Supplier of the Year (over $10m) – Red Bull
- Best Product Launch – PepsiCo Smith’s Chips
- Product Launch Beverage of the Year – Red Bull
- E-commerce Award – Accredited Bendigo
- Supplier Hall of Fame Award – Snack Brands Australia.
Look out for full coverage in the upcoming August issue of Retail World.