Woolworths is implementing changes to benefit the community’s health and wellbeing, beginning 30 March, 2020.
The changes include:
- The dedicated Community Hour will continue from 7am to 8am for the following groups: Seniors and People with a Disability (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), as well as Emergency Services and Healthcare Workers (Tuesday and Thursday).
- The teams on checkouts will now rotate every two hours to ensure face-to-face interactions are limited to keep everyone safer.
- Lastly, Woolworths is asking customers to pack their own shopping bags at the checkout, as a further protection measure for both store teams and customers. If a customer’s shopping bag is not clean, Woolworths will replace it for free.
The above are in addition to social distancing measures that are already in place, which includes:
- The rollout of plexiglass screens across the manned checkouts as an additional safeguard for team members and customers.
- A store greeter to wipe down baskets, trolleys and inform customers of recent changes, such as social distancing cues including keeping 1.5m apart.
- Closing some registers in the self serve and express check outs to provide additional space between customers.
- Encouraging customers to use tap and pay wherever possible.
- Additional deep cleaning and hygiene processes and security guard coverage across every store.
“We are pleased to extend our dedicated Community Hour to emergency services and healthcare workers from next week,” says Managing Director at Woolworths Supermarkets, Claire Peters.
Sponsored ContentLook local – manufacturing excellence in your own backyard
Look to support local manufacturers who have the innovation and design capability to accelerate your production rather than paying inflated international prices for your machinery.Read More
“This service will no longer be offered at our 41 Priority Delivery Hub stores announced earlier this week, so we would encourage customers to check local trading hours before shopping.
“Our teams, suppliers and logistics partners continue to work hard behind the scenes to improve product availability for our customers in-store.”
For more information on the Community Hour and who can access it, click here.