Woolworths has announced the recipients of its Pick Fresh Play Fresh Netball Grants for 2023, with 11 local netball clubs and associations with a Woolworths NetSetGO centre receiving a share of $100,000.
The grants will be used in a variety of ways, with clubs looking to reduce fees for participation, improve equipment, uniforms and facilities and promote healthier eating by providing players with fresh food options.
The Berwick Netball Club in Victoria took out the inaugural People’s Choice grant and were awarded $20,000.
In addition to the People’s Choice, the following clubs have received an $8000 grant:
- Ulladulla District Netball Association – regional NSW
- North Turramurra Netball Club – metro NSW
- Mackay Netball Association – regional Queensland
- The Gap Netball Club – metro Queensland
- Ballarat Bulldogs All Abilities Football Netball Club – regional Victoria
- Marong Football Netball Club – regional Victoria
- Mother Teresa School Netball Club – metro ACT
- Leschenault Netball Association – regional WA
- Tango Netball Club – metro SA
- South East Suns Netball Association – metro Tasmania
Woolworths NetSetGO ambassador and former Australian Diamonds player Catherine Cox says it’s so exciting to know that another round of clubs are going to have access to much needed funds to make improvements to their club.
“The Woolworths Pick Fresh Play Fresh Netball Grants mean that more Aussie kids can live more active lives and develop healthy habits,” he says.
Woolworths Group Chief Marketing Officer Andrew Hicks says grassroots sport is at the heart of local communities across Australia.
“That’s why we’re passionate about partnering with Netball Australia to give young players and their clubs a helping hand to nurture the next generation of netball stars,” he says.
Netball Australia CEO Kelly Ryan says the impact of Woolworths’ support of grassroots netball doesn’t go unnoticed.
“Giving clubs the opportunity to grow, while also removing barriers for young players to eat healthier and keep more active is so important,” she says.
“We’re really excited to see how the Woolworths Pick Fresh Play Fresh Netball Grant winners use their funds over the next year to help more Aussies enjoy the sport we all love.”
Since 2019, Woolworths has shown ongoing support for grassroots netball in partnership with Netball Australia, donating more than $1.3 million to over 311 clubs.