When you think of hommus, do you think simply of crackers (or carrots) and dip? SSS Foods is showing that you can go beyond that.
“Hommus can be used as a healthier spread, sauce or dressing in almost any cuisine,” says SSS Foods General Manager, Jalni Shah.
“You can bake with it, blend it with other ingredients and serve it fresh. You can even sweeten it for desserts like brownies and mousses. All you need to add is your imagination.”
Below is a recipe by food blogger @eatingforfuel. Stay tuned to check out more recipes that use SSS Foods Hommus hacks.
Mini Chicken Tortillas by @eatingforfuel
- 2 gluten free wraps
- 75g four bean mix
- 4 tbsp SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin + Mild Chilli Hommus
- 45g sweet corn
- 75g cooked chicken or soya strips
- Seasoning: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika
- Optional: A sprinkle of grated dairy-free cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine your cooked chicken or soya strips with SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin + Mild Chilli Hommus and seasonings of choice.
- Once combined, add in the corn and beans, ensuring they have been drained and any excess liquid is removed.
- You can either heat this mixture up (over low heat in an oiled pan) or enjoy chilled.
- Divide your gluten free wraps up into small circles using a knife or cookie cutter to do so.
- Place a dollop of the bean mixture over each.
- Top with fresh picked coriander and enjoy!