Woolworths Group has announced an expansion of its support for LGTBQ+ events across the country.
The expansion sees Woolworths partner with 10 additional events in most Australian states and territories.
“We believe that growing LGBTQ+ allyship in regional locations is critical for building a sense of belonging for our team, customers and communities,” says Woolworths Group General Manager, Inclusion Catherine Hunter.
“We have the opportunity to utilise our scale and reach to have a significant impact on the wellbeing and safety of those groups.
“As a partner for events across the country, it means we will be able to involve and engage better with local teams on the ground from across all our business units and brands and create better experiences together for a better tomorrow in the communities in which they operate.
“We look forward to inviting our teams to celebrate and participate in each of these events.”
The events that Woolworths has become an official partner for include:
- Northern Territory: Top End Pride – Katherine Pride Festival and Darwin Pride Festival
- Queensland: Sunshine Coast Mardi Gras and Brisbane Pride Festival
- NSW: Parramatta Pride Picnic and Coastal Twist LGBTQ+ Arts & Cultural Festival
- Victoria: Midsumma Festival and Parade
- Tasmania: TasPride
- South Australia: Adelaide Feast Festival and Adelaide Pride Parade
- Western Australia: Albany Pride
These events are in addition to the activities and partnerships already in place to support days of significance – such as Wear it Purple Day and RainbowYOUTH – in the Group’s stores, support offices, distribution centres and local communities.