There’s no doubt that consumers shopping behaviours have changed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. However, new results show just how different consumers online shopping behaviour is.
Global research from Wordstream found that the pandemic is turning Aussies into midnight shoppers, with a 49% increase in browsing time between 12am – 3am.
With many people working from home, people are staying up later than normal, spending time browsing the internet.
Other changes in browsing habits include:
- 27% less browsing online from 5am – 8am;
- 31% less browsing online from 8pm – 11pm;
- 6% less browsing online from 4pm – 5pm.
- 54% higher consumption of online shopping materials on Mondays;
- 32% higher consumption on Tuesdays – now makes Tuesday the second higher search day;
- Online shopping on a Thursday and Friday is down a combined 31%; however,
- Weekends still remain the most popular time for tracking down a good bargain.